Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, September 20, 2013

ScrapFest 2013 - Day 1

Hello everyone - Greetings from ScrapFest at the Mall of America!  Three days of scrapbooking and card-making fun in our fabulous Mall.  Last night Barb E. and I met after work to pick up our badges (a badge is needed to participate), grab a coffee at Starbucks, and shop at Archivers.  This morning I was by myself (well, besides all the other participants - LOL) at 9 a.m. doing make 'n takes at the various vendor booths while Barb was with her son.  Then she joined me for the afternoon and we did more projects.  There are fewer vendors (23) than years past so the lines are long and the waits can be lengthy.  Some of the wait times are inordinate given the project being done - you wonder what can take so long!  I stood in one line for 20 minutes and didn't advance at all - I gave up on that one!!

So last night, sweet Barb brought me some fresh gladiolas from Jerry's where she works in the floral department.  And in purple, my favorite color!  Here they are:

Aren't they gorgeous?  Really brought a bright spot to my kitchen!!

Here are my shopping finds at Archivers - they had a nice selection of Lawn Fawn so I bought a couple clear stamp sets and some dies & embellies, some paper pads and a ScrapFest die cut.

100_5790
 
I even had a 40% off coupon so got a nice deal on one of the stamp sets.  Aren't those sequins cute?!

Barb and I waited in the Lawn Fawn line for probably about 45 minutes but the wait was well worth it.  Here we are waiting alongside the Rainforest Cafe (this may look familiar to some of our friends, like Robin, who've visited us):

Barb and me - ScrapFest 2013

And here's the Lawn Fawn booth with Kelly Marie and Britta (some of you will remember Britta from the Hero Arts Flickr group) leading the make 'n take.

lawn fawn booth Britta at Lawn Fawn

And here are my completed projects for the day:

100_5797

Starting at upper left - Lawn Fawn, Karen Foster, Graphic 45, Epiphany Crafts.  Love that Lawn Fawn Card designed by our sweet friend, Nancy K. who couldn't be here - darn!

100_5793

At top some Graphic 45 stickers, a Lifestyle Crafts Project Life type card (with the washi looking striped stuff that's their sticky paper you can die cut - very fun), & a Project Life page with all sorts of fun inserts.  The photo of Barb and me was a freebie from Archiver's memory lab.  And at lower left a mini book made of envelopes from Prima, embellished with their flowers.

100_5795

Upper left - Me and My Big Ideas card, then a tag from 7 Gypsies, lower right a card from Fancy Pants, and lower left a fun BoBunny library pocket card.

So that's it for Day 1.  Eleven out of 23 booths doesn't sound like much for 8 hours but the waits were long and I did break for lunch and a coffee - LOL.

Have a great night and happy crafting!

8 comments:

Lin said...

Great report, Linda! Missing all of the fun, but it helps to see things through your eyes. I think you did quite well today! Have fun the rest of the weekend!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

looks like you had a great time Linda! I love the Lawn Fawn project you made! So adorable! :) I would have loved to be there...maybe next year!

Barb said...

Such a great post, Linda! Sure was nice chatting with you while we stood in the long lines! Love how you shared all the fun things from today! See ya in the morning again! :)

stampingandstitching said...

Linda, I've been really looking forward to your post, so thanks you so much for sharing the fun of ScrapFest with us! It looks like you've been having a great time meeting with friends, touring ScrapFest and of course doing some shopping! 11 out of 23 booths is great for the first day - you'll definitely get to see everything by the end of the weekend! Love the pretty flowers Barb gave you, and in just the perfect colour too! Enjoy the rest of your fun weekend:)

Dawn T said...

oh my Linda...what a fantastic day you had. Catching up with Barb would have been awesome fun. You really got some neat goodies and made some great projects. What beautiful flowers too.

Cindy C. said...

Wow what fun day you had on the first day!! Can't wait to hear more! Those flowers are so pretty!!

CinnamonSally said...

What a great day you had Linda, you are going to have alot of fun with those new stamps!!

Maureen Morton said...

What a fun post and what looks like a great day - wish we could all be there!