Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all celebrating today!  Here's a pair of cards that I used as my main ones to send to my mailing list.  I did a few blue ones too.  The background is a new 2013 Hero Arts Pinstripes stamp - love it!  The snowman is a stamp and die set by Hero Arts for Archiver's.  Those sets made Christmas card making a breeze along with my Vagabond.  I also did a few with a reindeer stamp and die but didn't get a photo of those.

Pair of snowmen

I began my holiday celebrating on Saturday the 22nd by visiting my aunt and uncle in Wisconsin.  The drive along the Mississippi River was spectacular on that sunny but cold day.  Here we are on Sunday after we watched the Green Bay Packers win big over the Titans- yay!  Then we ate a pumpkin pie my aunt and I made.  Yummy!!


Most of the family spent Christmas apart but I had a fun Christmas Eve with my sister Kari.  We enjoyed eating nachos and watching movies last night.  She set up a tripod so we could get this photo, plus she took some others for her Facebook page, including some with a mini Christmas tree and a Santa hat.


Today I drove home from Kari's while she went to work; yes, she had to work on Christmas Day!  Finished up with decorating my upstairs Christmas tree.  Sorry for the long post but I'm sharing my Christmas trees and a couple of special ornaments rec'd this year.  First is my my main tree - a 7 1/2 foot slim tree I put in front of the upstairs window since I don't do any outdoor lighting.  Then my downstairs tree - a 4 footer.  Then three mini trees I have with all Hallmark mini ornaments collected over the years.
 
 
 
 
 

Now I must feature a couple of special ornaments I received as gifts this year. My sister Tami always gets everyone an ornament at Thanksgiving since we traditionally put up our trees the day after (oops, I was late....just finished today!). What a darling owl ornament and of course I love the purple one!


And here's a special ornament, the Irish angel, sent all the way from Ireland from my friend Heather along with some other wonderful goodies - thanks again, Heather!!  This lovely ornament has a featured spot on the front of the tree not too far from my sister's ornament.  After all, Heather and I are Hero Hostess Sisters! 


I had Christmas Dinner with my good friends, Connie and Doug at their son Scott's.  Here they all are:

Scott cooked a traditional ham, along with yummy side dishes and a delightful chocolate mouse cake he found at Sam's Club.  And here I am with Connie; I'm wearing my funny Christmas sweater, complete with sequins and beads and felt Christmas trees, plus little bell earrings.

Sorry again for the long post!  Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, if you celebrate that holiday.  Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Greta said...

Merry Christmas, Linda, & wishing you a terrific 2013! How wonderful to have some family time over the holidays. Wish I could visit your house--so many fabulous trees!

stampingandstitching said...

Wow what a wonderful Christmas post, Linda! Glad to hear you've been having a brilliant Christmas! Oh Linda, those snowmen cards are just adorable! Wow, wow and wow again to all your fabulous Christmas trees - they look absolutely gorgeous! The ornament you received from Tami is sooo cute and perfect for you - the two owl sisters sitting together on on the branch and one wearing purple - lol wonder who that could be!! I can't tell you how happy and relieved I am that your angel arrived in one piece! I loved seeing it on your tree:)It sounds like Scott put on a wonderful, yummy spread! Oh I love your Christmas cardigan and earrings too - so festive! Thanks so much for sharing your Christmas with us:)

Sue McRae said...

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas Linda, how festive to have so many trees in your house! Love the owl ornament, it reminds of the owls from Hero Arts.

Maureen Morton said...

What a great holiday you had! Thanks for sharing so much of it with us. These are great photos, lovely trees and such fun and festive cards (love that background). Nice to see you so happy, Linda!