Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Productive Evening

Happy Sunday!  Hope you had a great weekend.  I mowed the backyard this morning and escaped the heat (93F today) by going to a movie this afternoon.  I saw "The Hunger Games" (again - love both the books and the movie) but they had a bit of a sound issue so it wasn't as good as it could've been.

Thought I'd share some cards I made last night.  The usual suspects went to Scrap Mania at Archiver's - Julie, Sandy, Sayo and I were very productive.  First up, a retirement card for a guy with whom I worked twice in my career - years ago, in both Eau Claire WI and Mankato MN.  He retired from managing the St Cloud Social Security office. 

Happy Retirement Steve

I've had this little chair cut and stamped for quite awhile and finally thought of an idea for it.  This Hero Arts digi cut for the Silhouette came to me when I was a Hero Hostess last year.  It perfectly matches their clear set Wish You Were Here - so cute!  Their Designer papers made great card bases too.  The diamonds are from a Tim Holtz cling set called Boundless Flight and the sentiment I borrowed from a friend - it's an oldie from American Arts Stamps.

From there I worked on my Father's Day cards - needed 3 - one for Dad, one for a special uncle, and one for my brother-in-law.  So, here are the cards:

Father's Day cards 2012

I love using Hero Arts folded cards - such great quality and easy to use.  I stamped each with a Hero Arts background stamp.  A new fave is the Houndstooth Background, used on two of the cards, and I finally used the Formula Fun background from the HA/Basic Grey (Oxford) collaboration.

I was on a roll so moved on to making a set of cards for my friend Connie (the one who's more like a sister who also sings).  She's part of planning a day for the chorus directors in our Region of Sweet Adelines International.  She asked if anyone would donate a door prize for the event so I offered a card set.  These are the first two I did and I will make a few more using the same set, Hero Arts Musical Clef.

Musical pair

That's it from here.   Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Greta said...

I'm impressed, Linda! More productive than I've ever been in 1 night--wow! The retirement card is genius--love it! Actually they're all terrific. Happy Sunday!

Barb said...

Productive doesn't even describe it - way to go making so many cards in one night, Linda! And I love them all! See ya Wednesday evening! :)

Dawn T said...

You have been very busy....... all of these are great ~ love the set of male cards. Your set of musical cards is lovely too. I have just down loaded "The Hunger Games" onto my Kindle and can't wait to start reading them.

Virginia L. said...

I really like the retirement cards and cards for Connie!!You can really customize cards to anyone for nay occlusion! So creative, Linda!

Cindy C. said...

Wow that is one productive night! Thanks for sharing these fabulous cards, the retirement card is awesome!

Maureen Morton said...

Oh my goodness! You must be on a most creative spin.....are you sleeping, Linda? these are all marvelous, but I am so partial to the Father's Day cards. Just guy-perfect, and this can be so difficult. Love the use of the chair for retirement - great idea!

Monika Reeck said...

Hi Linda...you seems enjoying making fathers day card and all are looks so masculine...love the Chair card too...are all beautiful and great Linda...hope you have a bit time to pop up to my Empty Blog :) Have a great day Linda...hugs, Monika

Robin K. said...

Wow! I don't think I've ever been that productive in a month Linda!! Love all of 'em but particularly love the retirement and Father's Day cards! Hope your week's a good one :)