Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Hero Arts 2012 Catalog Release Parties and City of Lakes Christmas Show 12/10/11

What a busy day - I had yesterday!  Must've been the extra excitement of the 2012 Hero Arts Catalog release parties and my chorus Christmas show - I was up at 4 a.m.!  Since I was awake and had my stuff all ready to go, I went ahead a made a card for our Hero Arts Flickr group holiday exchange.  Won't share that yet since I'm just putting it in the mail tomorrow.

Was at Archiver's in Roseville MN when they opened at 10:00 a.m.  Bought some great new Hero Arts goodies and then headed over to Anchor Paper in St Paul where they also had a release party.  Their make 'n take wasn't supposed to start until 11 but they had it ready early.  Good thing as I had to travel to Bloomington for my chorus Christmas Show.  We had to be on stage ready to go at 1:00 for a stage check and I had my stage make-up to put on after the release parties.  Didn't want to scare anyone at those!!

So here are a couple photos from the release parties - you can see more in my Flickr photostream if desired.
I'm at Archiver's holding up some of their display boards - the clerk thought
it would be good in the photo - I didn't make any of these!!
This is one of the display's at Anchor Paper in St Paul MN, not too far away from the Roseville Archiver's.

Here's a photo of my dear friend, Connie Miller, and me in our Christmas show garb and make-up.  False eyelashes, bright red lipstick and all.  We each got to wear whatever holiday garb we wanted - I chose a beaded and sequined duster coat that my retired quartet, Chord Company, ordered but decided against for the group.  The duster looked great on the three tall members but our lead is petite and she looked frumpy in it.  So I just kept my coat and the rest went back to the store - it has come in handy for several occasions such as this!

Don't we look alike?  We have been mistaken for sisters often; she is like a sister to me and has been adopted into my family.  See her gorgeous crown pin?  She is a Sweet Adelines International quartet champion with Four Star Collection!

Finally, after the show - you'd think I'd be tired?? - I went to the Archiver's in Woodbury where I knew some friends were doing Scrap Mania.  By the time I got cleaned up of all the stage make-up and drove across town and picked up my craft supplies, it was already 7pm.  I still had 4 good hours to invest in Christmas cards!  I'll share this one, made with one of my new 2012 Hero Arts stamps - a great friendship background.  Since I needed a card for Connie to give at our Christmas party tomorrow night, I decided to use that stamp along with the wreath stamp.  Here's my card:

Long post - whew!  Hope you're having a great Sunday!  Thanks for stopping!

8 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Loooook at you, Linda--all beaming and happy! Thanks so much for sharing these darling photos! I know a trip to Archiver's is always fun, isn't it? Your wreath card is beautiful and festive! Thank you also for the birthday wises to me! HUGS to you!

CinnamonSally said...

Linda thanks so much for sharing your phjotos, wish there was an Archievers near me!! Love your card, just perfect for your friend!!

Lin said...

Don't you look gorgeous all dressed up! Red is a good color for you! Thanks, Linda, for posting all these fun pictures of your busy day, especially glad to see that new background one, as it is on my list!

Barb said...

Boy, oh boy, you sure had a long day - but a totally fun one too! Love your card, and the photos are so fun! Have fun at the party, Linda!

Dawn T said...

what a busy day Linda... doing both your favourite things.... singing and card making... Love your card.

Anne said...

Wow- you had a FUN and very busy day Linda! Wish I could have joined you at Archivers but I was out of town. Jealous of all the new goodies you got- have fun stamping my friend!

stampingandstitching said...

Oh Linda, loved seeing all the photos! Wow the shops there amaze me every time I see them! Thanks again for the wonderful goodies you sent me:)I agree with Lin, you look gorgeous and red is your colour! Wow you and Connie do look like you could be sisters. Love the gorgeous card you made! The wreath with the hearts is so pretty and and looks great against the friendship bg.

Happy Christmas to you and your family:) Hugs.

Renee V said...

I want your energy!!!!!!! Delightful post :)