Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Lily Pad Cards July Card Chain Challenge (CCC)

Had quite a productive weekend here!  Friday night I spent 6 hours at Mall of America's Archiver's with 7 other scrappin' maniacs - worked on a scrapbook for a retired coworker.  Yesterday I participated in a Scramble over at the Hero Arts Flickr group - 90 minutes to create, photograph and upload a card.  It was quite a fun one, hosted by the delightful Martha,  with 5 different criteria to use on the same card.

  1. Favorite color combo - purple and orange
  2. Favorite Hero Arts stamp(s) - Envelope Pattern & a butterfly from Antique Engravings (they didn't have to be the only stamps used - at least that's the way I interpreted it)
  3. Favorite technique(s) - embossing and inking
  4. Favorite embellishment(s) - gems and ribbon
  5. At least one edge couldn't be straight - I scalloped the bottom with an EK Success punch
I created the card in 30 minutes but had quite a time uploading it.  Ended up surfing the help website and finally got it done 35 minutes later!  I just love stamping that butterfly on patterned paper - this time a piece from Basic Grey's Lime Rickey paper pad.

Then it was time to finish my July CCC over at Lily Pad Cards.  I used the sketch, the color scheme - buttercup, kiwi, watermelon, teal and tangerine (o.k. to add a neutral with it so I used the kraft card base) and the theme of friendship.  Here's what I created:
When I saw the sketch I decided to use my new Hero Arts digi die cut dress form (for the Silhouette).  Created a shadow for it and used a label from designer Sophie Gallo.  The bitty friend tag was cut on the Cricut from the George & Basic Shapes cartridge.  I was so proud of myself for being able to stamp the Hero Arts Canvas Stripes DesignBlock twice on this 5x7 card and get it lined up!  The digi cuts looked too big for an A2 card.  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

joy said...

Great cards, Linda! I love your take on the sketch and the way you have used the colors, too, for the July CCC.

Barb said...

Love both cards, Linda! Hope you'll share your scrapbook when it's finished. . .would love to see it!

Dawn T said...

wow Linda. What a lovely pair of cards...Love your CCC one... really elegant. And the butterfly on your scramble card is so pretty