Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Sunday

Just got home from a fun afternoon with friends and am settling in to watch the Super Bowl - GO PACKERS!!  Yes, I'm a Cheesehead but that's another story.

I have three friends with February birthdays.  We usually gather sometime during the month to celebrate with some fun activity.  Today we made handmade ravioli!  My friend Linda is part Italian and has made several trips to Italy and Sicily to visit relatives.  She has some amazing recipes, including today's pork roast pasta sauce with ravioli.  I was surprised how easy it was to make (of course, I wasn't running the pasta press).  I brought a cute little strawberry and chocolate mousse cake (from Kowalski's bakery) to celebrate.  Here we are with the cake - Linda 2/7, Mary Jo 2/2, Lynn and I both on 2/14.
And here's the card I made for Linda's birthday (forgot to keep a copy of Mary Jo's card and Lynn's isn't made yet!):

I was bound and determined to use this beautiful lace by May Arts, even if it didn't really match the shade of paper I embossed.  Basic Grey paper - can't remember which pack as they get all mixed up in my pile - embossed with Tim Holtz Patchwork folder (Sizzix).  I covered up the 13 in the upper corner - didn't like the unlucky # - with a bitty EK Success punched butterfly.  Hero Arts flowers and gems and sentiment, stamped on vellum.  Just got this sentiment at JoAnn yesterday - maybe a classic design (1995) being brought back by Hero Arts?  It had one of the new green HA stickers in the corner.  Just loved the large size of this sentiment but didn't want to fully cover up the embossed background so decided to stamp on the vellum. 
Wish you could've all been there for yummy pasta.  Manga, manga!

5 comments:

Tiffany Ervin said...

Hi Linda! So happy to see your blog and thanks for sharing your story today! Beautiful card, I love that sentiment!

Barb said...

I am going to love your blog. . .I can just tell! Great post! Love hearing about the fun you have and your card is beautiful!

joy said...

Linda, that pasta sounds so yummy! I love Italian food. That card is so nice - will be watching for that new (old) sentiment!

CinnamonSally said...

Oh Linda I love Italian food, you made my mouth water just thinking about it. Your card is so pretty and I love the script of the sentiment.

stampingandstitching said...

What a fun day, Linda! The pasta dish sounds yummy and the cake looks delicious! Your card is gorgeous! I love all the texture and embellishing. Great new\old sentiment too!